Google Calendar is one of the best services offered by the tech giant. It allows users to schedule their upcoming events and set reminders. This service is a big blessing for busy people as they tend to forget their schedule. With Calendar, you no longer have to worry about missing out on important dates. From meetings to birthdays, you can save all kinds of events in the Google Calendar.
You will be happy to know that Google has once again added the “offline mode” to its web-based version of Google Calendar. This will allow users to use Google Calendar without the internet. This feature is useful for those who use Calendar on a daily basis.
To know how to use Google Calendar in offline mode, Here are the steps you need to follow:
- The first thing you need to do is go to the web-based version of Google Calendar. You can access it from your PC browser.
- As you reach Google Calendar, click on the gear icon located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Settings’ and see if you have the ‘Offline’ option under the Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Click ‘Offline’ and then select the option ‘Turn on offline calendar.’ This will sync your calendar to your computer, allowing you to see its progress via an icon in the top-right corner of Calendar’s homepage.
- Once everything is done, it will show the status ‘Ready for Offline.’
After enabling this option, you can access Google Calendar even without an internet connection. The calendar will let you know when you are using it in offline mode.
In the offline mode, you can view all the saved events. However, there will be some limitations. For example, you will not be able to edit or create new events, access your tasks and reminder lists, or email guests. If you are fine with these limitations, then this feature is for you.
Google Calendar offline mode is a useful feature when you don’t have an internet connection. It will give you access to Calendar and let you see your events.