Google Drive is a place where you can save your important data such as files, photos,
documents, and videos safely. It allows you to sync your data across various devices.
Once you start using Google Drive, you no longer have to worry about losing your data
even if your device malfunctions or gets stolen.
In this post, we will tell you how to restore a backup from Drive for easy and quick
Restore Backup To PC
By restoring your backup on your PC, you can quickly access your files without logging
into your Drive account.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the default web browser on your PC.
- Enter your login credentials to sign into your Google account.
You will see a list of your backup files under Storage -> Backups
- Right-click on the file that you want to restore.
- Press the “Restore” option.
How to restore the backup to an Android phone?
You can also restore your backup files from your Android phone. To help you out, we have
explained the steps below:
- Go to the “Settings” section on your phone.
- Select “System” and then “Reset.” Tap the option “Erase all data.”
- After setting up your phone, choose the option “Copy your data.”
- Select “Backup from the Cloud.” Now log into your Google account.
- If there’s a backup available, you will be prompted to restore your device.
- Accept the prompt to proceed ahead.
- Once the process is over, all your backup data will be saved on your Android phone. You no longer have to sign into your Drive account to access these files.
Google Drive eliminates the risk of data loss. Whether your device gets stolen or stops
working, you don’t have to worry about losing your data. All you have to do is back up
your data regularly, and restore them whenever needed. This is a great option for
backing up data on a new device.