Importing the information from all your calendars to an ICS file can help you avoid schedule confusion.
After exporting your calendar entries in the ICS format, you can import them into your desired calendar. By doing so, you will get the option to merge all the entries to your existing calendar or a new one.
To know how to import an ICS file to Google Calendar, read this post till the end.
Steps To Import ICS To Google Calendar
The process of importing an ICS file to Calendar is simple. Just follow these steps and you will be good to go.
- First, open Google Calendar from your desktop browser.
- Click on the gear icon located on the left side of your profile picture.
- When you see the drop-down menu, select ‘Settings.’
- Choose the option ‘Import and Export.’
- Under the Import and Export section, select the option ‘Import.’
- Now click the option that says ‘select file from your computer.’
- Find and open the ICS file that you want to use.
- Choose the calendar that you want to import into the ICS file.
- After that click ‘Import.’
To create a new calendar to use the ICS file with, go to Settings and select the option ‘Add Calendar.’ Fill out the details and click the button that says ‘Create Calendar.’ You can then select the Calendar when importing the ICS file.
About ICS File Format
For those unversed, the ICS file format is a universal calendar format, which means it is supported by all calendars. It is used by email and calendar programs like Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook 365, Apple Calendar, and Yahoo Calendar.
By importing your ICS calendar files, you can keep better track of all your important dates and events. It will help you to have all your entries in a single application. Now that you know the steps, it should be easier for you to get it done.