If you are already using Google Workspace and finding it difficult to find your administrator, this guide will help you.
Google Workspace administrators have high responsibility to manage the organization’s user accounts, access levels and much more. Locating an administrator can be done using a few steps:
- Login to your Admin console using the URL admin.google.com and sign in using your administrator account credentials. Without being an administrator yourself, you will not be able to see other administrators.
- Once you login to the admin console, check the option for “Account” and look for “Admin Roles” inside it.
- There are generally a variety of roles that are either system defined or custom roles in this section. If you have signed in with a super administrator account, you will be able to see this section. You can check system defined roles like Super Admin, Groups Admin, User Admin etc.
- You can click on any of those roles to find the admins who have been assigned those roles respectively.
How to find the primary administrator:
Using the admin console, you can find the primary administrator as well. You can follow the below steps to do so:
- Look for the option “Account” once you login.
- Browse to “Account settings” inside the “Account” option.
- Go to the “Profile” section in “Account settings”
- In the “Contact info” section, you will have the email address of the primary administrator mentioned.
In the worst scenario, if you don’t remember your admin account credentials, you can try to recover the same as well. Below are the steps to do so:
- Forgot your password: Go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery and enter the email address of the admin account. Click “Try another way” to enter the recovery email or phone number you have set up for your account. You will receive an email with the next steps in the recovery account.
Hope the article helped you to look for the administrators in Google Workspace.