As you know, those with Admin rights in Google Workspace can do more than regular users. So, if you wish to change the Admin, here you can learn how to do it.
When you get busy and have a hard time managing your Google Workspace, you might think about sharing admin rights with some other person. So, this person can handle management tasks like adding and removing users. To empower this person to handle these tasks, you will have to give him the admin rights of your Google Workspace.
After getting the admin rights, the individual will have additional management controls than before. Here is how to assign the Admin role in Google Workspace to some other person:
Steps to Assign Admin Role:
- Log in to your Admin Console in Google
- Once you are in, go to Directory and then users
- Choose the user to whom you wish to hand over the admin role
- Now, click on the “Admin Roles and privileges” option.
- Adjacent to the Super Admin Role, click the skidder such that it is turned as “Assigned”
- In case, other admin roles exist, you can click the skidder to allocate another role.
- Now, click save.
Now, you know how to change Admin in Google Workspace. Here is how to change super admin or admin if your business has only a single admin or super admin. Here is how to do it:
Change Super Admin or Admin
- Assign the responsibility to a fresh admin.
- Get rid of the role from the original admin. To remove Google Workspace Administrator Privileges, you will have to follow the steps given below:
- Go to the menu in the admin console and click directory and then users
- Click the name of the user, who is the admin, whose rights you wish to retract.
- Now, you will be taken to the account page of that person
- Click on the option called “Admin roles and privileges.
- Click on the slipper to revoke the role
- You will find the option called “Save” at the end.
- When you click save, you will see a brief message on the screen that says that the role has been updated.
- Now, admins will get a confirmation email about the same.